Friday, June 22, 2007

Me attempting Poetry Part 2

Untitled

Let me take y'all on a mission to bring our people back
In fact--let's talk about how we stop annihilation
Education of our folk is beyond pitiful
Get your kids, sit 'em down show 'em what we fightin for

What you know about the red, black, green, pain and bloodshed, torment, hate, the lies, tears and the bodies spread--across Carribean waters the West better yet
Go get your brother let him know, that
That shit can't fly no more
Nigga was the name that we once died for
Now we let any mothafucka call us what they want
What is that? Take it back and subtract--what? 500 years of the lashes on our back
Men penetrating wombs or our mothers, hosing daughters, using dogs and the rope to take hope from the young ones

They saw the strength that lied in our hair, the nose that was thick, the skin far from fair

Communities, tribes and clans, families and the strong hand
Split like an oak tree--sap spilling over
And no, we don't know what to do
I guess it aint nothing new
Sankofa. Sankofa!
Learn from the past y'all
Ancestors tryna to school you

Comments:
for some reason I am unable to read through this without hearing your wack ass rappin voice... lol, I'm sure this would be a dope piece if I read it first, or if it was spoken first... and it still is a dope piece, but I can't get your voice out of my head... I still love you though

~Loni
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

books read by getit2g...