Monday, March 20, 2006

DAY OF REFLECTION~

About 3 years ago I began a tradition, where I take time on my day of birth (today) to reflect on the 365 days leading up to my big day. So I analyze all of my achievements, disappointments, goals, relationships, projects etc. You get the point.

Well a lot has happened: Around this time last year I was going through a huge break up (or maybe more like I was getting dumped), I was applying to grad programs, in school, working, dancing, but at the same time becoming close friends with really good people. Since then I must say I've experienced hardship like I've never imagined-but somehow I seemed to have survived and it feels really good to say that now. There is so much that I want to do and see and I know that what I've experienced is only preparing me for what lies ahead.

I've come to realize that my worst enemy is me. Only I can stop me from doing all that it is that I want to accomplish. Sometimes I can be the most negative and self defeating person around and that is one thing that I must change from here forward. So in recognizing that I want to put it out there, i'm negative about my dancing, my body, and my future. None of the things that I want to do are unattainable yet I put them farther and farther out of my reach because of my negativity. Well now that I know what my problem is, it's time for me to do something about it.

So I'll just end this entry with lessons learned from these past 365 days...always stay true to yourself, be yourself, love yourself and respect yourself and if you don't know what these things are or how to do these things find out as soon as possible. Put positive energy and actions out into the universe and that energy will be returned to you. Work hard and focus because great things don't come easy. And finally everything happens for a reason.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

books read by getit2g...